I am a PhD student at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) located on the Red Sea at Thuwal in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I'm part of a big diverse group Image and Video Understanding Lab (IVUL) advised by Professor Bernard Ghanem which is part of the Visual Computing Center. I'm interested in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Optimization. I have worked on a variety of problems. Problems, I personally find interesting and challenging.
- PhD Candidate in Electrical Engineering at KAUST, May 2016.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from KAUST in April 2016.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Kuwait University in July 2014.
- Attened CVPR17 in Hawaii and gave an oral presentation on our work on solving the LASSO in the Fourier Domain.
- 1 paper accepted to ICCV17.
- Attended the ICVSS17 that was held in Sicily and presented a poster there.
- Selected to attend the International Computer Vision Summer School(ICVSS17), Sicily, Italy. [Link]
- 1 oral paper accepted to CVPR17, Hawai, USA.
- Attended ECCV16, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- ECCV16's code has been released on my github account.
- 1 spotlight paper accepted to ECCV16, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Attended CVPR16, Las Vegas, USA. Two papers presented.
- Detailed treatment of ICCVW15 is now avilable online, May 2016.
- ICCVW15 code is now avaliable online.
- Successfully defended my Master's Thesis , April 2016.
- 2 papers (1 spotlight) accepted to CVPR2016, Las Vegas, USA.
- 1 paper acceted to ICCVW2015, Santiago, Chile.
- Attended CVPR15, Boston, USA.
- First class in my Masters with a GPA of 4/4, April 2016.
- Award for participating in Falling Walls Lab competition in KAUST.
- MSc/PhD scholarship at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST Fellowship).
- Award from Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences for our graduation project.
- Best graduation project in Electrical Engineering for the year. (SAIC: Synthetic Artificial Intelligent Clothes ).
- Earned Dean’s Honor List Award for four consecutive years (2010 – 2014) as an undergraduate.
- Ranked first among my graduating class with a GPA of 3.99/4.
- Chosen among 200 students to present Kuwait University in the 7th IEEE GCC conference in Doha, Qatar.
- Award for taking 4th place in the 1st National Robotics Competition of Kuwait Colleges and Universities.
- Attained academic scholarship for my undergraduate studies.
- Ranked 31st in all Kuwait in High school among around 15K students in 2010.
- Adel Bibi, Baoyuan Wu, and Bernard Ghanem, "Constrained K-means with General Pairwise and Cardinality Constraints". - Paper
- Adel Bibi and Bernard Ghanem, "High Order Tensor Formulation for Convolutional Sparse Coding". International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV17), Venice, Italy. - Paper - Supplemental Material
- Adel Bibi, Hani Itani, and Bernard Ghanem, "FFTLasso: Large-Scale Lasso in the Fourier Domain". Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR17) [Oral] , Hawaii, USA. - Paper - Supplemental Material - Poster - Video - Code - Talk - Slides
- Adel Bibi, Matthias Mueller, and Bernard Ghanem, "Target Response Adaptation for Correlation Filter Tracking", European Conference in Computer Vision (ECCV 2016) [Spotlight] (~2.8% acc rate), Amsterdam, Netherlands. - Paper - Supplemental Material (Video) - Supplemental Material (Mathematical Treatment) - Poster - Presentation - Code
- Adel Bibi, Tianzhu Zhang and Bernard Ghanem, "3D Part-Based Sparse Tracker with Automatic Synchronization and Registration", Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2016), Las Vegas, USA. - Paper - Supplemental Material - Poster - Code
- Tianzhu Zhang, Adel Bibi and Bernard Ghanem, "In Defense of Sparse Tracking: Circulant Sparse Tracker", Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2016) [Spotlight] (~10% acc rate) , Las Vegas, USA. - Paper - Video - Supplemental Material - Derivation - Presentation - Poster
- Adel Bibi and Bernard Ghanem, "Multi-Template Scale Adaptive Kernelized Correlation Filters", International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ICCVW/VOT 2015), Santiago, Chile. - Paper - Poster - Code - Detailed Derivation
- Adel Bibi and Bernard Ghanem, "The Visual Object Tracking VOT2015 challenge results", International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ICCVW/VOT 2015), Santiago, Chile. - Paper
- Teaching Assistant AMCS211: Numerical Optimization, KAUST, 2016.
- Lecture on Numerical Optimization AMCS211, KAUST 2016.
- Teaching Assistant EE397: Advanced Topics in Signal Processing (Inroduction to Computer Vision), KAUST 2015.
- Paper Reviewer to top tier conferences like CVPR 2016, and journals including Computer Vision and Image Understanding 2015 Signal Processing Letters 2015 and Pattern Recognition letters 2015.
- Trainee in Alghanim Industerial Company. Electrical Power Engineer for 2 months, 2013.
adel.bibi [AT] kaust [DOT] edu [DOT] sa
Al-Khawarizmi Applied Mathematics
BLDG. #1 | Office Cubicle # 2106-WS10
Thuwal 23955-6900 | Makkah Province
© Fabian Caba